Few cities bring to mind such images of sheer excess as Las Vegas. Located in the middle of the arid Mojave Desert, at the southern tip of the state of Nevada, Las Vegas is an oasis of life, energy and money - a city whose raison d'etre is entertainment. With soaring temperatures during the summer and moderate winters, the city is visited all year round.
In the 18th century, the spot where the city now stands earned the named Las Vegas; Spanish for "The Plains", because of a natural spring that created greenery in the dry desert. The city itself was founded in 1905 but it remained a remote backwater until the 1930s, when gambling was made legal and Las Vegas quickly began to assume its present character. At first, it drew the droves of workers building the nearby Hoover Dam. Soon, it became a gambling and vacation Mecca for the entire country - it attracted stars like Frank Sinatra, Elvis and Liberace as well as the mob. By the 1960s, Las Vegas had a wider appeal than just gambling due to its generation of golf courses, shows, theme parks and shopping malls.
Today, Las Vegas is booming as never before. Entertainment so dominates the city that it is the backbone of its economy, creating vibrant hotel, retail and hospitality industries. Las Vegas is now the fastest growing city in North America. Its sheer exuberance in attracting visitors has created something along the lines of a city-sized theme park. Its resident's lead normal lives in normal suburbs but to visitors it is an endless playground of neon lights, hotel lounges, topless revues, live entertainment and casinos.
Virgin Atlantic fly from London Gatwick to Las Vegas direct daily. Direct flying time is approx. 10 hrs 45 mins. Alternative flights outside these times would be with United Airlines via a US hub city such as Washington or Chicago. Las Vegas is 8 hours behind GMT.
Las Vegas offers a vast range of four and five star deluxe properties to suit a wide range of budgets and tastes. The strip hotels tend to be the most popular and rates are always competitive. As the choice is so diverse we have listed a small cross section of hotels as follows:
The Venetian - The Venetian have opened the new Venezia hotel tower comprised of an additional 1,013 luxury suites and featuring a lavish pool deck, new wedding chapel, an exclusive Concierge Level private lounge and in January 2004, Thomas Kellers renowned restaurant Bouchon. As Las Vegas only hotel featuring a Concierge Level, this hotel within a hotel promises to be both an oasis of tranquility and an unparalleled forum for business and discerning travellers. a relaxing ride in an authentic Italian gondola, The Grand Canal Shoppes offers a shopping experience like no other.
The Bellagio Hotel - From world class entertainment and exquisite collections of art to first rate dining and upscale casino action, Bellagio is definitely a jewel of the Las Vegas Strip. It offers deluxe rooms and suites featuring sweeping vistas of the resorts lake, surrounding mountains and the Las Vegas skyline. With its outstanding lobby, marble floored bathrooms and host of fantastic restaurants such as Cirque, Aqua or Shintaro, the Bellagio is an extremely luxurious place to stay. Have a drink in the hotels Fontana Bar whilst watching the Bellagios dancing fountain show, before moving on to the hotels chic club, Light.
Caesars Palace - Caesars Palace is a landmark resort evoking the decadence of ancient Rome, where impeccable service reigns supreme and luxury beckons at every turn. Guests will enjoy the finest in accommodations, dining and shopping. In addition, Caesars Palace is home to A New Day where Celine Dion shares the stage with an international cast, The Garden of the Gods, a 4.5-acre pool complex and a world-class 23,000-square-foot fitness centre and spa. The Forum Shops at Caesars, the Shopping Wonder of the World, is an extraordinary collection of exquisite stores, restaurants and family entertainment set in an ancient Roman marketplace.
New York New York - The propertys innovative facades re-create the classic Manhattan skyline, complete with 12 New York-style skyscrapers that house 2,024 guest rooms. These interconnected structures are approximately one-third the actual size of the New York City architecture. The tallest building replicates the Empire State Building at 529 feet, 47 stories. Other icons include a 150-foot replica of the Statue of Liberty; a Coney Island-style roller coaster called Manhattan Express, a 300-foot long replica of the Brooklyn Bridge; and a replica of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Four Seasons - From the gracious and intimately-scaled lobby, guests are swept up to 424 rooms and 86 suites that are impeccably equipped and offer the utmost in comfort. The hotel offers a full complement of dining choices to suit every taste including Verandah Cafe, First Floor Grill, Club Bar and Lobby Lounge. Four Seasons guests have complimentary use of the 6,000 sq.ft health &fitness club, its advanced cardio and weight-training equipment, sauna and steam rooms, free-form pool with whirlpools and landscaped sunning deck. The Hotel is the centrepiece of the Mandalay Bay Resort &Casino, located at the Strips south end.
- Las Vegas City Tour - Enjoy an informative, entertaining tour of this highly individual city. You will be guided through the transformation of Las Vegas from a dusty railroad watering stop, to what is known today as the Entertainment Capital of the World. The tour of the city of glitz and glamour is complete with a photo opportunity at the world famous, "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign, an instantly recognisable icon that has been used in many movies.
- Hummer Off Road Adventure - Start the day of adventure with an eye-opening tour of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. The tour begins when guests are picked up at their hotel in a 170-horsepower Hummer - the original U.S. Military machine. This vehicle is a specially equipped civilian version of the Military "miracle" vehicle. This exhilarating tour takes guests off-road for a chance to see the desert environment like never before! Rigorously trained drivers put the Hummer through its paces under the most challenging conditions possible in this area. What better place to experience this thrill ride than in the desert and mountain terrain just outside of Las Vegas! Go where no other vehicles can go. Fasten your seat belts& its going to be a bumpy ride!
- Lake Mead Cruise - Hoover Dam, without precedent the greatest construction of its day, is today still viewed in awe and acclaimed as one of the seven man-made wonders of the world. The dam was completed in 1936 forming the worlds largest man-made reservoir, Lake Mead. At the Lake Mead Resort Marina guests board the Desert Princess Paddlewheel Boat for a scenic cruise from which you can view the dam, stretching 1,244 feet across the Colorado River and rising 44 stories above the river bottom.
- Red Rock Canyon and Spring Mountain Ranch - Just twenty miles west of Las Vegas lies Red Rock Conservation Area, an adventurer's dream of superb hiking, rock hunting, and wilderness exploring. Crimson coloured cliffs, towering 3,000 feet above the painted desert, offer a truly unique opportunity to get off the beaten path including a visit to the Spring Mountain Ranch, a century-old, 528-acre, cattle ranch.
- Thrill Seekers Paradise - The Thrill Seekers Paradise has three of Las Vegas' most thrilling roller coasters and adventure rides& The Big Shot, a state of the art ride that shoots astronauts-in-training 160-feet in the air with the force of 4G's, The New York, New York Hotel & Casino Manhattan Express Roller Coaster and Speed - the Ride, developed with LIM (Linear Induction Motor) technology, a state-of-the-art capability that enables the coaster to quickly reach high speeds through magnetic force.
- Explore the Grand Canyon by Helicopter - Experience an exhilarating low flight over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Get a close look at extinct volcano Fortification Hill and keep an eye open for wildlife along the way. Descend deep into the Grand Canyon and land on the canyon floor in Hualapai Indian Territory for beverages and snacks. Fly deep into the canyon, past Bell Rock and Spencer Canyon Enjoy a stroll along the canyon floor in the very heart of this natural wonder of the world! Fly back through the Grand Canyon, view the Bowl of Fire, an area of red rock formations, and conclude your adventure with an exhilarating flight between the casino hotels on the Las Vegas strip! Approx. 3-4 hours duration depending on tour chosen.
As with hotel accommodation, Vegas also offers a diverse range of stage shows to suit all manner of tastes! As there are far too many to describe we have listed a small cross section of shows on offer for groups:
- "O" Show at The Bellagio - Inspired by the concept of infinity and by the pure form of the letter "O", the title of this production is also a phonetic representation of the French word for water, the element embodied by this show. With an international cast performing in, on and above water, Cirque du Soleil's "O" tells the tale of theatre through the ages and frees us to lose ourselves in a world without limits. Quite simple out of the world and certainly one not to miss!
- Folies Bergere - Las Vegas' longest running show is better than ever! The new show offers a glimpse at some of the award-winning numbers from past Folies shows along with spectacular new production numbers. This is an extravaganza in the traditional style of Las Vegas revues. A true variety show with singing, dancing, spectacular sets and of course, beautiful showgirls.
- Lord of the Dance - The 21st century sees the success story continue for the world-famous Celtic dance show. Since its inaugural performance at the Point, Dublin in 1996, Michael Flatley's internationally renowned "Lord of the Dance" production has become a world-wide phenomenon. Since then the show has enjoyed an array of accolades. The tour has outsold all other major shows across the globe with a total of four other simultaneous touring troupes continuing to break box office records in Japan, South Africa, Europe and the USA.
- Tournament of Kings - Tournament of Kings is an exciting dinner show set in a jousting arena of the Medieval Period. Guests will witness the beauty and speed of real life horses as they engage in battle, the magic and mystery of Merlin, dancing maidens, spectacular special effects and much more
- Return scheduled flights on either Virgin Atlantic from London Gatwick or United Airlines from London to Las Vegas
- All porterage and executive transfers from the airport to the hotel and return
- Welcome drink on arrival at your hotel whilst your luggage is transferred to your rooms
- Three or four nights double room accommodation at the Bellagio Hotel
- Full buffet breakfast on each morning of your stay
- Complimentary upgraded wines and house beers with each included meal
- Welcome dinner at the hotel of your choice on arrival day
- Allowance of $150.00 per person for a show (cost dependant on choice)
- Air and ground tour of the Grand Canyon including beverages and snacks (as detailed)
- Gala dinner on the final night of your trip
- Full hostess and travel event manager service throughout your stay to ensure the smooth running of your trip
- Travel wallets for each of your guests travelling
- All local service charges, taxes and gratuities throughout your stay
- Comprehensive travel insurance for all guests attending
- Effective Business Travel staff to fully coordinate your trip throughout
Example inclusive price based on 30 guests from £1,650.00
To enquire about this event click here...
or alternatively call: 01753 279866